ASDERA develops interventions for unmet needs by utilizing a patented computational biostatistics platform to identify complex genetic risk factors in small (n>500) epidemiological and phase 2/3 studies.
The ASDERA time-/pipeline:
- Validation: Confirmation of known drug targets in epilepsy
- Proof-of-principle: L-fucose in Crohn's disease
(in progress, from 2006 dbGaP data)
- Outlicensed: A derivative of mefenamic acid against mutism in autism (2014, Nature: Transl. Psychiatry, $500M valuation)
- Current treatment lead: Derivatives of HP-a-cyclodextrin
(pat. pending) against progression of
- carcinomas (breast cancer, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0199012)
- neurodegeneration (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Huntingtion's, ...)
- Current nutraceutical lead: Derivatives of a-cyclodextrin
(pat. pending) for
- reducing serum phospholipids to help improving health in aging.