ASDERA develops interventions for unmet needs by utilizing a patented computational biostatistics platform to identify complex genetic risk factors in small (from n≈500) epidemiological and 'failed' phase 2/3 studies.
The ASDERA time-/pipeline:
- Validation: Confirmation of known drug targets in epilepsy
- Proof-of-principle: L-fucose in Crohn's disease
(in progress, from 2006 dbGaP data)
- Autism: A derivative of mefenamic acid against mutism in autism (2014, Nature: Transl. Psychiatry, $500M valuation)
- Lysosome function treatments: Intestinally absorbed derivatives of HP-a-cyclodextrin (pat. pending) against progression of
- carcinomas (breast cancer, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0199012)
- neurodegeneration (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Huntingtion's, ...)
- Nutritional products: Novel formulation of a-cyclodextrin (pat. pending) for use in dietary supplements and food as
- 'fasting mimetic' to improve the natural process of aging
- - 'adaptive vaccination' to reduce severity of initial infection with
SARS-CoV-2 while developing COVID-19 immunity.